Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Comment Is Not Free

I suppose ultra PC Sunny , of Pickled politics and infernal Libertarian Devil`s Kitchen were never going to be chums but I was still disappointed to see Sunny shut down a thread in which his views were questioned.
DK can be a bit dogmatic and , if I `m honest , I find his extreme Libertarianism silly and self contradictory .he is , however , always ready to back up his views , good humoured and would not shut down a thread on the basis he did not like what he was hearing . Its well worth visiting Pickled Politics and reading the thread. This was Sunny`s petulant final remark

“Anyway, enough of the trolls on this thread. This is not a blog for jousting thanks.
Amis is a in-bred idiot who can’t tell his arse from his elbow. And it’s funny to see so-called libertarians and ‘rationalists’ and people apparently in favour of the enlightenment cheer-leading for mass internment. Which is perhaps why I stopped paying attention to Morgoth, DK etc a while back.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.”

I am not so slavishly fond of “ Free Speech” myself in theory but in practice I am.
The Liberalism of Sunny has been tested to destruction. I don`t blame him for shutting down debate he was losing but we can see Free speech has limits for him





UPDATE: Sunny has popped in to defend himself and in terms that I cannot help finding hugely amusing. As I say , have a look for yourselves. Its a fascinating thread

SUNNY SAID
Newmania, who said it ever was free? We've always taken a hard line against trolling or anyone who comes on just to throw out stupid comments. The blog is for constructive debates and discussion. If anyone doesn't like it, they can go away. I'm under no obligation to provide my space to trolls. No one is infringing on your free speech. You have your own blog. Good for you. My blog has its own rules. Live with it.

You can judge for yourself whether it was in fact the “ Stupidity” etc. that concerned Sunny . I would say , people blog to “ body forth’ their political and personal beliefs. Sunny has shown his to be of an authoritarian sort under some circumstances. As a Conservative.I have a measured sympathy but he goes far further than I would ...................... .


WHAT SUNNY WOULD SAY IF.....................
Foreigner , who said it ever was free? We've always taken a hard line against immigrant anti social beliefs or anyone who comes in to live in ways we do not like . This country is for the benefit of those who made it . If anyone doesn't like it, they can go away. We are under under no obligation to provide our space for aliens .No one is infringing on your freedom. You have your own country. Good for you. My country has its own rules. Live with it
As I say , I understand the impulse but its not something I would support.He needs to relax a bit perhaps but I take a kindly view of those who react foolishly under threat. He`s not all bad .














5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Newmania, who said it ever was free? We've always taken a hard line against trolling or anyone who comes on just to throw out stupid comments. The blog is for constructive debates and discussion. If anyone doesn't like it, they can go away. I'm under no obligation to provide my space to trolls.

No one is infringing on your free speech. You have your own blog. Good for you. My blog has its own rules. Live with it.

Anonymous said...

Can't say I'm an Amis fan but I can't disagree with his comments.

Newmania said...

Hewas talking abou thr use of profiling as I understand it.

I like him as a writer

Wrinkled Weasel said...

I have always taken a dim view of this Sunny character. He seems to me to sum up the very worst of the NuLab odyssey and like all liberals he cannot cope with criticism. Simple as that. Never mind. His ilk are already anachronistic and so last century. His arguments all implode as minorities and sub-cultures vie for hegemony, not equality and as he is not fighting for liberty, but merely the right to make scapegoats of others.

Praguetory said...

I discriminate against Sunny because he is unintelligent.

Blog Archive